Club Challenge -- VCC Playdowns
Each season, the VCC holds a qualifying event to name our teams to the Lower Mainland division of the Dominion Curling Club Championships of British Columbia.
The Dominion is an event focused on providing “curlers that support club leagues on a
regular basis … with a major venue to compare their skills against other curling clubs," and the VCC has sent representative teams for the past number of years.
The winning male and female teams from the VCC playdowns will receive team jackets and move on to represent the VCC at the Lower Mainland division of the BC Dominion Curling Club Championship.
Our 2013 Women's Champion, Team Gibson, earned the right to represent BC after winning the VCC Playdown, the Lower Mainland Challenge and the Pacific International Cup. This November they are off to the national event at the Fort William Curling Club in Thunder Bay as Team BC. Good luck Team Gibson! You can see all the Dominion Curling Club Championship news and results by clicking here.
- There are two divisions – men’s and women’s.
- Interested teams are to be comprised of players forming a regularly-playing team in one of the VCC's leagues.
- Team eligibility is governed by the “BC Club Challenge Rules of Eligibility”.
- Teams wishing to represent the VCC will need to be available to play in elimination games at the VCC on the following dates: March 8 and, if necessary (depending on number of entries) March 22.
- Registered teams will be randomly drawn for their place in the double-knockout draw.
- Registration will open once the 2013-14 season is underway.
- Registration deadline is Sunday, February 23.
- Registration fee is $120 / team, payable by cash or cheque, and is to be paid no later than before the team's first game.
- Each team is guaranteed a minimum of two games (and a chance to receive team jackets and move on to represent the VCC at the Lower Mainland division of the BC Dominion Curling Club Championship).
- Special Note: Each division - men's and women's - must have at least three teams entered in order for the Club to proceed with the playdowns for that particular division.