Vancouver Senior Men's Curling League
**Special Update** The VSMCL is pleased to be hosting the 2nd Annual Vancouver Master Men's Bonspiel at the Vancouver Curling Club from December 16-18, 2013.
Featuring cash and door prizes, and all kinds of curling, the Bonspiel is shaping up to be an overwhelming success. For more details, or to register, contact Pat Burns <email@example.com>
Welcome to the Vancouver Senior Men's Curling League!
If you are available to curl on Tuesday and/or Thursday afternoons, age 55 or older, male, perhaps recently retired or semi-retired, interested in learning how to curl or getting back to curling after a layoff, then our league is ideal for you. The Senior Men's Curling League has a rich history of hospitality, competition, fellowship and voluntarism in assisting the Vancouver Curling Club to meet its goals.
What we offer member curlers:
• Two 8-end games every week, Tuesday & Thursday, a total of 45 games (with a break over Christmas) starting October 1st until early April
• 9-game draw rotations so that curlers can meet and curl with all other members during the season
• Before- and after-game socializing, game-day draws and prizes
• Christmas and season-closing bonspiels with potluck lunches
• A full (2 x week) membership is $410 for the whole season. A half membership (1 x week, either Tuesday or Thursday) is $256
• Spares pay $10 per game. After 5 games, a spare must become a member of the Vancouver Curling Club ($33.60) to continue playing. Spares curl on an as-needed, as-available basis.
Please note: The Senior Men's Curling League is not a drop-in league. Membership is required.
• We provide curling instruction for beginner to advanced recreational curlers.
• In previous post-curling seasons, the League has organized golf in cooperation with Mylora Golf Club and/or group walks in the Lower Mainland.
• However, the best news of all is that our League members have the opportunity and privilege of playing on a state-of-the-art world-class high-tech ice surface in the Vancouver Olympic Centre, plus take advantage of the Hillcrest Centre for Aquatics and Fitness for a reasonable additional fee.
Days of Play: Tuesday & Thursday afternoons
Draw Time: 12:45 pm, until 3:00
Registration for new members: We now have registration by email. Contact our Secretary - Treasurer Pat Burns<firstname.lastname@example.org>
Registration for previous members: You will be contacted to "e-reg"
Contact Names: Pat Burns and John Reid, Membership
Contact Phone #: 604-738-4758 & 604-224-1127
Contact Email: email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org